In 1939 the company was incorporated under the name of Dayton Softwater Company, providing sales and services of residential water softeners. The successes of the company lead to growth and expansion. The first expansion was to form a second company, Water Refining Co., based in Middletown Ohio. This company manufactured Miracle Water and Servisof residential and commercial water softeners. These companies were later sold to EcoWater in the mid-1970s.
Mr. Baker is credited for the design and patent of the 5-cycle water softener valve which is still used today. He was an extraordinary leader in the water treatment industry and received the Water Quality Association’s Hall of Fame Award in 1977.
- In the late 1970s, an Industrial and Commercial Division was formed to focus on the needs of a multitude of Industrial and Commercial Clients. This division
- offered opportunities in advanced water treatment technology that far exceeded just water softening and water filtration.
- With the huge growth in this Industrial and Commercial Division, the division was incorporated under the name of, Dayton Water Systems. As time progressed the company changed and grew. We not only sell, service, and install a full line of industrial and commercial water treatment equipment, but also a full line of products for the industrial plumbing industry.
- Dayton Water Systems’ engineering and design group, can design and build water systems to meet almost any client’s requirements. There is no challenge too small or too big for our team. We design and build it all.
- Water treatment equipment is commonly installed as stand-alone equipment or as part of a larger process water system. These systems vary in type and size based upon the application and water process needs of each client.
- Dayton Water Systems services all aspects of the client’s water treatment needs: From the engineering, design and build, to the installation and service. We provide many other services, including repair and replacement of worn parts, custom rebuilding, and preventative maintenance programs custom-designed to our client’s needs.