Dayton Water Systems offer a full line of UV Disinfection Systems. Here again, system is dependent upon your specific needs. Below are listed popular models for your review.
Industrial UV Systems Click Here for additional information
Photo 2 Systems Click Here for additional information
Minipure Systems Click Here for additional information
Sanitron Click Here for additional information
Megatron Click Here for additional information
Ster-L-Ray Click Here for additional information
FAQ’s about About Buying Ultraviolet Systems:
1. What is the construction (stainless steel, plastic, or other) of the purifier?
Answer: Atlantic Ultraviolet’s Equipment is constructed of type 304 or 316 Stainless steel which is electro polished and passivated for an attractive finish and long dependable service. Ultraviolet degradation will occur with the use of plastic pipe or plastic chambers.
2. What is the rated dosage of the purifier in microwatt seconds per square centimeter?
Answer: Atlantic Ultraviolet’s purifiers meet or exceed 30,000 microwatts seconds per square centimeter at rated flow. This is the dosage needed to deactivate micro-organisms formations in greater than 99.9% of the incidents. Our UV Specialists calculate your flow rate with dosage of ultraviolet germicidal light and recommend the best fit for your application.
3. What is the life of the germicidal lamp?
Answer: Ster-L-Ray Slimline Ultraviolet Germicidal Lamps that are manufactured by Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation have a rated effective life of 10,000 hours or just over a years time. Our Ster-L-Ray Cold Cathode Germicidal Lamps have a rated effective life of 20,000 hours or just over two years time.
4. What is the published cost of a replacement lamp?
Answer: The cost of a replacement lamp varies depending on the size – please call our office for specific quote.
5. How difficult is it to replace the lamp (a process that must be done very routinely – should be a user-friendly task)?
Answer: Atlantic Ultraviolet’s Purifiers have Easy-Off End Caps for effortless lamp change. No tools are required for lamp change (can be completed in less than 5 minutes)
6. What is the cost of a replacement quartz sleeve?
Answer: The cost of a replacement quartz sleeve varies depending on the size – please call our office for specific quote.
7. Does this unit allow for convenient in place drainage of the tank?
Answer: Most of the Atlantic Ultraviolet’s purifier chambers are equipped with a drain plug for in place drainage – check the features on the particular unit to confirm that the unit you are considering has this in-place drain.
8. How will the user know that the lamp is on?
Answer: Most of the Atlantic Ultraviolet’s purifier chambers are equipped with a sight port plug. A visible glow through the sight port plug provides a positive indication of germicidal lamp operation.
9. Is there a convenient method of cleaning the quartz sleeve?
Answer: SANITRON and MEGATRON Ultraviolet Water Purifiers offer a patented dual action wiper mechanism for cleaning of the quartz sleeve.
10. What other parts does the manufacturer suggest be routinely replaced?
Answer: Yearly lamp change is a must. At this time, the quartz sleeve should be inspected and cleaned if necessary (this is especially important if the system that is being used does not have a manual or automatic method of cleaning the quartz sleeve). O rings and Teflon® washer seals as well as lamp socket and lead wires should be inspected at this time and replaced if necessary.
11. How long has the maker been manufacturing ultraviolet purifiers?
Answer: Atlantic Ultraviolet has been manufacturing quality ultraviolet equipment since 1963, see our “about us ” page.
12. Is the unit shipped fully assembled, pressure-tested and ready to install?
Answer: All units currently manufactured by Atlantic Ultraviolet undergo individual testing under pressure to insure that units are ready for installation at site without risk of chamber leaks.
13. If unit is not fully assembled, what further assembly is required (fittings, seals, quartz sleeve, lamp, etc.)?
Answer: Some units manufactured by Atlantic Ultraviolet (MIGHTY PURE and SANITRON 2 gpm, 3 gpm and 6 gpm) come fully assembled in the carton and all that is required upon receipt is for unit to be taken out of the carton and installed at site. No installation of any of the water purifier components are necessary.
Some units manufactured by Atlantic Ultraviolet (all MINIPURE units, MIGHTY PURE and SANITRON 12 gpm & larger) require installation of the lamp which is done quickly and easily utilizing our Easy Off TM End Caps (no tools are required). There is no other assembly required — just install at site.
14. Does the unit conform to U.S. Public Health Guidelines?
Answer: Atlantic Ultraviolet’s SANITRON Water Purifier meet the U.S. Public Health Guideline Criteria for Ultraviolet Disinfection of Drinking Water. The guidelines are available from a UV Application Specialist.